Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Suny Oneonta

Holy Hills Batman. That was a run. I set out the other morning, a windy cold Spring day in Oneonta, NY. I didn't have a map, I just ran, no set mileage in mind, just exploration. I ended up running 6.5 miles, but those miles were all hills. This is good for me, I need to challenge my body, I tend to avoid hills when I run at home. But this was an exploration run, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. When I returned I felt amazing, a wee bit sore, but amazing. I found a windy reservoir road that brushed against farmland and riverfront. I saw numerous woodchuck and red-tailed hawk. I didn't know what was around the corner, so I didn't have the option of psyching myself out. Mystery Runs, think I will try that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment